TDOC provides mobile on-site computer maintenance, support and consulting services. (Herein referred to as “The Services”) The Services provided to the customer, are subject to the following terms and conditions. By confirming a TDOC booking, the customer accepts these Terms and Conditions.
Appointments and Rates:
TDOC will attend the customer’s premises at the prearranged time. The Customer will pay for all Services provided, at the rates currently indicated on our website.
TDOC normal working hours are Monday through Friday, 08:00 to 17:00. In some cases, subject to previous arrangements being made, The Services will be provided out of the normal working hours. These will include Saturday and or Sunday and a latest working time of 21:00. An overtime fee will be charged for these additional working hours. Weeknights and Saturdays will be charged at one and a half times the normal hourly rate. (As well as travel reimbursement.) Sundays will be charged at double the normal hourly rate. (As well as travel reimbursement.) The TDOC engineer will remain at the customer’s premises for the entire time on site.
1. TDOC must be notified of any appointment cancellations, by no later than 2 hours, prior to the appointment. TDOC reserves the right to invoice any customer when cancellation occurs, less than two hours prior to the appointment.
2. The “no fix, no fee” policy only applies to home users and not to business users.
3. If the TDOC engineer offers a solution that the customer does not wish to use, the customer will be charged for the time spent on site up to this point.
4. If the technician is prevented from resolving a problem because the customer does not posses the appropriate software disks, drivers or product serial numbers, the customer will be charged for the time spent up to that point.
5. If the technician diagnoses a fault with a customer’s Internet Service Provider, even when the ISP denies any fault, the customer will be charged the standard rates for the time spent on site.
The customer will pay TDOC the amount invoiced by the TDOC technician. This amount is due to TDOC from the time the invoice is first given or sent to the customer. TDOC will attend the Customer’s premises for the agreed period, by the customer, prior to or at the commencement of the appointment. TDOC will endeavor to diagnose and or remedy the problem(s) described by the customer, at the commencement of the appointment. If the problems have not been remedied at the end of the first hour of TDOC attendance, TDOC will discuss with the customer the options available. The customer may ask DAN to continue working on the problem(s), or make a further appointment. The customer may terminate the appointment at any time. On termination, the customer will pay TDOC the amount incurred in respect of additional time, if any, beyond the first hour’s attendance. Payment is to be made in cash or by cheque or Electronic Fund Transfer. (provided the TDOC technician is supplied with a printed copy of the completed transfer.) Credit card payment is accepted, however, TDOC only accepts certain credit cards. Please enquire when booking your job which cards can be used. In the event of a default or dishonoured cheque or non-payment, TDOC will charge interest at the rate of 1.5 percent per month. The interest will be charged from the date of the invoice up to and including the date payment is made in full.
1. TDOC accepts no liability in respect of any problem(s) it is not able to remedy due to any matter beyond its control. Including, but not limited to, the age, specification or condition of the customer’s hardware and or software. As well as a customer’s failure to provide appropriate software disks, drivers, product serial numbers or any fault with the customer’s ISP.
2. The customer hereby confirms that a full back up of the customer’s hard-drive has been made prior to TDOC commencing The Services. The customer further confirms that there is no legal restriction or impediment to TDOC providing Services to the customer.
3. TDOC shall, under no circumstances, be liable, either in contract, tort or otherwise for any damage or injury caused to the customer, its employees, agents or any third parties. Including, without limitation, any direct and or indirect or consequential damages, expenses, costs, profits, lost savings, earnings, interruption to business activity, lost or corrupted data or other liability arising out of or related to The Services provided by TDOC or out of installation, de-installation, use of, or inability to use the customer’s computer equipment, hardware, software or peripherals. The customer will, upon demand, indemnify TDOC in respect to loss, damage or injury arising from the provision of The Services. TDOC has no liability to the Customer for data loss or damage incurred in any circumstances whatsoever.
TDOC will maintain the confidentiality of the customer’s files and or data. TDOC further undertakes not to provide any customer information to any third party, save in the event that it is lawfully required to do so. TDOC reserves the right to refuse the provision of The Services for any reason. Including, but not limited to, the presence of unlicensed or illegal software and or material of an obscene or pornographic nature on a customer’s computer. If, for such reason, TDOC terminates The Services, the customer shall be liable for any charges incurred in respect to the time spent on site by the TDOC technician.
Goods provided by TDOC :
TDOC may make recommendations to the customer, or the customer may request that a product be provided by TDOC , in order for TDOC to perform The Services. All expressed or implied warranties, descriptions, representatives and conditions as to the quality or compatibility in respect of The Services, any item of software, hardware or peripheral provided by TDOC , are expressly excluded. TDOC has no liability as to the suitability of the performance of The Services. Nor of any product manufactured, sold or supplied by a third party, whether or not that product has been recommended to the customer by TDOC . Any hardware, software or equipment provided to the customer by DAN shall remain the property of TDOC until full payment is received.
Return Visit and Complaints Policy:
In the event of any dissatisfaction with The Service provided by TDOC, the customer should immediately contact TDOC on 082 602 6308. TDOC will make an appointment for a return visit by the designated technician. The technician will endeavor to rectify the problem. If the cause of the dissatisfaction was due to a matter beyond the control of TDOC, the Customer shall pay for the additional time incurred at TDOC normal rates. If the problem arose directly as a result of TDOC previous attendance no further charge shall be made.
Fair Use Policy in terms of our Unlimited Remote and Telephonic Support contracts:
Although we are able to provide unlimited remote and telephonic support for each user at the Customer, there is a ‘fair use’ limit of 3 separate tickets per device, per calendar month for unrelated incidents. As an example, if we need to repair the same computer for an ongoing problem or a particular repair is expected to take a long time the support is unlimited (subject to all other conditions), but should a single computer suffer varied unrelated problems the support is limited to three single tickets within a month. This is because numerous unrelated problems on a device are symptomatic of hardware failure and TDOC will make a recommendation to replace or repair subject to warranty terms.
Our Technicians are experienced in removing and dealing with Virus’, Malware and Spyware but given their very nature (and the varying causes of infection), we are unable to provide any extended warranty for onsite or offsite support. Our Technicians will typically perform all the necessary tests to diagnose and remove any infections as best as possible, causing as little disruption to you, your computer and your applications as possible but, given the repair options vary from “do nothing” to “wipe the computer”, the varying repairs can have equally varying results. Additionally, in some instances, Virus’ and Malware programs are designed to cause as much havoc when removed as when in place, meaning the removal can often leave a computer in a more fragile state than when infected. In these instances, we will continue to provide any support as required but cannot be held responsible for damages caused as a result of any attempted repairs. All Customers should ensure they have a working, reliable backup of all their data and important information before requesting any support, resulting in potentially ‘aggressive’ repair solutions.
The following exclusions are not counted as ‘unlimited’ and will be quoted and invoiced for separately:
Training sessions (planned, groups or anything that requires more than 10 minutes dedicated instruction in total);
New hardware or 3rd party software installations (if a new server, workstation, software rollout or IT system is required a pre-approved quote will be required before any work carried out) ;
Repeat faults as a direct result of end users ignoring recommendations provided by TDOC ;
Faults with 3rd party software which TDOC is not able or authorized to work with;
General misuse by the Customer of the System, Hardware or Software;
Any projects which fall outside of normal maintenance and support, each such project to be quoted and approved by the Customer separately.